a

a

Monday, May 26, 2014

Camping

Every year we go camping several times with Heaths family. I was never raised camping. Dad loves it....mom would rather stay in a hotel. It was a little hard for me to adjust to say the least, but I do love being outdoors and having no phone service. It's a time when everyone puts their phones away and we have real conversations with each other! I love that! I am NOT a tent camper and lucky for me I married into a family that does trailer camping! This means I get a shower, warm water and a comfy bed... This is how I can camp. Well this year we are no longer just two people camping, we have two other little people and man do they have a lot of STUFF. And if you know my husband he loves a project... So we bought a "fixer upper" trailer. I am being serious. I mean total fixer upper. It was completely yellowed and gross, HORRIBLE carpet and furniture and bad wallpaper. Well Heath tore that thing apart and now it is perfect for us! New floor, paint, furniture, curtiains, and bed! All new! So we were so excited to take our new "glamper" our for a test run! It was perfect! A miniature home away from home! Arland slept on the new couch, Porter was in the "Porter-crib" and we still had so much space! We played outside and had delicious food every day! It was so hard to leave, but we made some great memories! 










No comments: