a

a

Monday, June 9, 2014

Pool time!

I can't believe my children are now doing the same things I did as a child. It feels not that long ago that my mom would pack up our pool bag with red vines licorice a cup of ice and some sun screen. We would all load up into our big red suburban (extra neighbor kids included) and head off to the outdoor pool. We would spend HOURS there, daring each other to go off the high dive or hold our breathe for as long as we could along the bottom of the pool. As we got older our interest changed from learning to float, joining summer swim team, looking for cute life guards, then becoming a life guard. Wow this place holds SO many memories! Now at this moment I am loading my own children in the car, making sure they have sun screen on, packing treats in "the pool bag", along with toys and a bouncy seat for my little red to sit in. We get to the pool and I am also trying to find the best spot to sit so I can see my little arland while he plays in the kiddie pool. So many memories. 








No comments: