a

a

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Baby Porter

Well here we are, we made it to 25 weeks! I know that may seem so early to some (which it is) but considering what we have been through and that I have been on bed rest at the hospital for the past 2 weeks, I consider this a huge accomplishment. Baby is still inside of me and that means that he has had two more weeks of growing which is huge compared to where we started at (23 weeks).
The thought of being here for 10 more weeks seems awful at times but I know that every day or week that I am here is a huge accomplishment! I just have to stay entertained (Reading, Crocheting, Catching up on missed television series.) It is definitely boring sometimes but I am so thankful that he has been able to continue growing inside of me.
We had an ultrasound yesterday to do a full anatomy scan on the little guy. I was a little scared to go outside of my room because me laying in bed is all I can do at this point and I know that I don't want to mess up a routine that is "working." They came in my room around 1 pm with a wheelchair and took me down the hall to have the ultrasound done. Porter looked great! One of my biggest concerns is that with me having low fluid that he would start to have a slower growth rate. I was afraid that I would have next to no fluid in there because of my water breaking, and this would be hard for him to continue growing. To my surprise they measured his brain, stomach, legs, arms and everything else and found that he was completely on track to what his weight should be for 25 weeks! His estimated weight is 1.9 lbs. Then they measured my fluid. At 20 weeks I measured at 1.8 (you should be between 10-20) and the next week I measured 3.9. Well yesterday I measured at 4.9! I was so relieved to find out that he was able to have some water in there still to continue to grow. It may be higher because I am laying down all the time and so some water is able to stay in there. The doctor told me that everything looks great with Porter, and that I shouldn't keep my mind set on the fact that my water was at 4.9. I will continue to leak water because my water is broken (PROM is what they call it Premature Ruptured Membranes) I may be at a 4.9 this week and lower next week because my body just cant retain that water with it being broken. The hope is that water will continue to replenish itself and that Porter will continue to grow at the rate that he is! We are very hopefully and optimistic of this right now. In the mean time, we are trying to continue with day to day goal and plans, nothing is really planned in advance because we don't know what will happen and we are so thankful that we can just make it through one more day here.
Heath has started going back to work, but he comes to stay with me at the hospital at night in case something were to happen. He goes to see Arland as often as he can, and Arland is brought to the hospital as often as he can as well. I miss my little family and it is so hard being here and knowing that there is not a whole lot I can do to help my little boy or Heath when they need it. I miss them everyday. I know that they are being watched over and taken care of and I am so thankful for that. Heath and I are so thankful for the many prayers that have been said for us, we know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and that he is watching over and protecting our little family. We are so thankful for our families, Arland loves his aunts, uncles, grandma's, grandpa's so much and we are so thankful for the time that they have taken to love and comfort him while his mommy and daddy cant. We do what we can as his parents at this time, and the time that we do get to be with him is precious. More updates will be posted as we go along, we are so extremely happy that we are here at 25 weeks! We are so happy that he is growing, and we are so thankful for the love and support that has been shown to us.

No comments: