a

a

Sunday, April 20, 2014

1 year


Has it really been one year since the day dr. Kamyar told me that Porter would be coming?! It all feels like a blurr sometimes and then other times it is so clear. I remember the it started. I had woken up with a constant pain in my back and horrible indigestion. I had my nurse Ali bring me every anti nausea drug possible and it never went away. I remember Shelby. She walked in wearing a black puffy coat, holding a Taco Bell bag because she knew I wanted a crunchy taco. I remember my mom and her sitting by the window talking about baby Zoe. How little she was. I told them I had horrible back pain and then my nurse Ali came in and told me they would send a doctor in to check on me. Dr. Weber felt my stomache and I jumped. She sent me Down to labor and delivery just as my grandma and aunts arrived to say hello. I knew today was the day. Shelby stayed with me while my mom picked up my room. Shelby called Heath and told him that it was go time. She stayed right with me until he got there. They watched my contractions which were 3 minutes apart and checked to see if I was dilated... 3cm. I had an epidural, and pitocen and just waited. 10 hours later I had not progressed. Dr. Kamyar told me that he was not responding well, his heart rate was dropping and my fever was too high. It was c-section time! I felt relieved and so did Heath. The upped my epidural and wheeled me into another room. I laid there shaking uncontrollably. He stayed at my head taking a glance every so often at Porter and the doctors. I heard a cry, it was incredible. They told me he was moving too! I saw a picture, then it went quiet and I don't remember a lot after that. 
For porters birthday I wanted it to be about sunshine. He beams sunshine through him everyday, that's who he is. 
We had so many special people there to celebrate. And I was so nice to have everyone there that helped and supported us in getting him here. The day after his birthday we went back to the hospital and said hello to some of his nurses, and mine. It was so strange walking back into that building. So many emotions came flooding back for both Heath and I. It was my home for almost 4 months. So many of those people became our family. It will always be special. 






No comments: