a

a

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Patience

Yes it is late and yes I am tired... No... Exhausted! Two days ago we started an adventure with my two children strapped into their car seats, my sister Sophie sitting next to them and Grandma Jepsen  in the passenger seat, we headed south for some sunshine! We followed my parents car patiently awaiting our vacation destination. The boys did great! Arland ( my little stinker) did so good until half way he said he had to go to the bathroom. So we stopped at a gas station and he returned to my car with Pa who said "he didn't have to go," Arland then said " MOM, where is the pool?!" Yes I promised him we were going swimming so he tricked me by saying he had to go to the bathroom. Haha So we finally made it! 
We made it in time for lunch and a treat, then off to the house we went! My boys couldn't wait to get out of the car! After many hours of "Porta! stop crying?!" Followed by tears from Arland they made it out! That night I bathed my boys and put them to bed. 

1am: I was awakened by arland and a pile of throw up next to me... It was everywhere. I went to ask for help (Heath doesn't have the pleasure of joining us on this trip) (moms is flying solo in this adventure) 
So my dad and mom wake up and rush to help me clean up while I put Arland in the tub. Porter is crying now. 

1:45 Porter is back to bed. Arland is in the couch with me sleeping. 

2:30 Arland throws up on the couch... Round 2 begins. Tub, sheets in the washer. No more blankets so Arland sleeps with towels on the couch.

3: Arland is back to sleep! He is on big couch... Mom on love seat (long night) 

6 am: Arland decides it's time to be awake. Mom is a crazy zombie. 

The point I wanted to remind myself of is that it was a hard horrible exhausting night. I said things I didn't mean, I lost my temper. And after I would say things to Arland I had this guilt and a little voice saying to me "he is 3, he doesn't understand, he just wants you to comfort him, you are his mommy." Being a stay at home mommy is the hardest BEST thing I have ever done. I am raising a person, a bright spirit of my Heavenly Father. My children test me, love me, and teach me every day. I have so much to learn from them and it all goes too fast. I loved this quote. We all have hard times in motherhood no one is perfect, but this is something I need to remember. 

You will never be this loved again. So on those days when you are feeling stressed out, touched out, and depleted. Just remember that you will never be this loved again. One day you will long for their affection. So choose a soft voice, choose gentle hands, choose love. 

After reading this I thought about my day today and I loved my moment with arland   walking to the park, holding hands in the sunshine and talking about special things to him all the little things he loves. I loved holding his "gentle hands." For a moment I was in his world talking to arland about all things arland, and he loved it. I cherished every second of all things arland today. 

No comments: